Amanjiwo is right at home in Central Java, rich in culture, spirit and beauty. At the center of the resort is a soaring, bell-shaped rotunda, welcoming guests to its Dining Room and Terrace, lively bar and Romanesque swimming pool.
After settling into your lavish suite, with its volcanic ash–tinted roof, handcarved furniture and exotic Javanese fabrics, take time to explore the myriad cultural and archaeological opportunities that abound in this region.
The resort can arrange excursions by car, open-air jeep, bicycle or horseback. Later, enjoy a sundowner high in the Menoreh Hills.
Cultural Trails of Java
Stay 3 consecutive nights at Amanjiwo from now through 31 March 2021 and receive daily breakfast for two and three specially created Amanjiwo activities per person per stay.
- a tour of Borobudur, sunset martinis on the edge of rice fields
- a hike in the Menoreh Hills, meditation in Mendut Temple
- a village tour by mountain bikes
- a ride in an andong (horse-drawn cart)
- temple tour of Kedu Valley
- tour of the temples in Prambanan Valley
- a morning market tour of Borobudur and Muntilan
- a Javanese evening meal
- a visit to Dr. Oei Hong Djien’s Art Collection
- dining at local restaurant, Nak Jadi’s.